compensation: Discussed at time of interview employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
As a proactive team member, working varying shifts, the maintenance technician is responsible for
performing and managing plant maintenance programs under the direction of the Plant Manager.
Maintenance activities must ensure that employee health and safety, product safety, and the protection
of the environment are never compromised, and that all maintenance activities enhance product
quality, plant performance and business priorities. The maintenance technician will adhere to all health
and safety policies and directives and maintain a clean safe work area. This position partners with
internal and external engineering services and local parts vendors to ensure automated equipment
operates at the highest level of efficiencies and will advocate improvement projects as assigned.
• Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all plant pneumatics, hydraulics,
and electric systems including program logic control (PLC) systems controls machine network devices
(EthernetIP Network). The maintenance technician will diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical
failures in all plant manufacturing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, conveyers, process
pallet handling machines, dismantling, production saws, forklifts and equipment.
• Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all process hand tools, such as
pneumatic or electric, drills, saws, hammers, and grinders.
• Performs minor unscheduled maintenance and repair on trucking equipment such as forklifts and yard
• Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of facility maintenance including,
dock doors, dock levelling and locking systems, painting, concrete and drywall repair and minor
plumbing and furniture repair.
• The maintenance technician is responsible for accurate and timely documentation of performance and
processes as required by local and regional leadership. The maintenance technician will schedule,
execute and properly document work orders within the corporate Computerized Maintenance
Management System (CMMS).
• The maintenance technician will accurately complete additional scheduling and repair material
documentation and reporting as required. Active participation in machine process and design
improvement forums is required. The maintenance technician will provide formal and informal training
on use and repair of production and facility equipment.
• Maintenance technicians will participate in health and safety programs including council or
committee meetings, OSHA and corporate mandated training, certification and recertification.
• And any other duties as assigned.
• Mechanically inclined - Knowledge of and demonstrable ability to use common mechanics tools
• Willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays with on-call
• High school diploma or GED required
• Ability to stand and walk on concrete floors for up to 12 hours and lift 75 pounds
• Ability to use an electrical Multimeter for troubleshooting.
• Ability to read and use mechanical and electrical schematics for troubleshooting
• Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic and hydraulic system components
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position requires demonstrated experience in maintaining and repairing plant production
equipment. Specific areas of expertise include:
• 3-5 years of experience in general maintenance machine operations
• Knowledge of HMI operation and troubleshooting.
• General facility maintenance functions including doors, office, forklifts, etc.
• Proven track record of production machine maintenance and repair success - (3-5 Years)
• History of effectively working in a team environment
• Demonstrated success handling multiple high priority projects, in addition to normal responsibilities
Skills and Knowledge
This position requires knowledge in maintaining and repairing plant production equipment. Specific
areas of expertise include:
• Control panels and power cabinets
• Ability to read electrical drawings
• 3 phase 480 volt power systems
• Electrical Motors
• Variable Frequency Drives
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and troubleshooting.
• Rockwell Automation Compact Logic (RSLogix 5000)
• Ethernet IP networks, EthernetIP on machine devices and VFDs.
• Chain Drive Live Roller Conveyor systems
• Chain Conveyors
• Belt Conveyors
• Hydraulics pumps and circuits
• Air compressors
• Pneumatic circuits valves
• Ability to use MS office applications and navigate to internet sites.
• Knowledge of OSHA and LOTO procedures and regulations.
• NEC 70E electrical Safety.
Apply: Please send resume and salary requirements to email address on this ad
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers